Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Drugs on Campus

"This operation shows how accessible and pervasive illegal drugs continue to be on our college campuses and how common it is for students to be selling to other students," said San Diego County Dist. Atty. Bonnie Dumanis.

When I read this article i was shocked but also not very surprised. I grew up in a very sheltered life in a small town in California with my Mom and Dad. My whole life I went to church and a Christian school and stayed in my safe little bubble. When I got into high school my eyes opened up. I started seeing things that I had never seen before, drugs. I went to a private catholic school, thinking that it would be like the Christian school I grew up in, but I was wrong. All of these kids had money and connections, drug connections. One by one i saw them drop out of school. I figured this was the way the world is and when I came to Northern Arizona that thought was backed up. Many people that I met in college are nice and I made many friends but many have a secret of using drugs. It is not uncommon at all at NAU or any college really. It is very common for students to buy and sell drugs. But many people seem to have their act together besides that so it is hard to tell who does what. It is a sad fact, but it is fact.



Article from http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-drugbust7-2008may07,0,7306532.story?track=rss

No comments: